Pages

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Too much caramel mud cake.

Excess caramel mud cake doesn't sound like it would be that bad (if at all), but it represents a complete melt-down in Becsville. Let me elaborate.

DSC03366-1

In a whirlwind month (and a bit) my life has kinda turned upside down. Or maybe I have? or maybe nothing's changed and I'm just unsettled... who really knows! Either way. In the last month-and-a-bit I have:

- Applied for at least a zillion jobs. And then at least 300 more
- Been offered 7 of them. All in the same week. Within 48 hours actually. Maybe even less...
- Had more than one contract in my hot little hands at one time and had to make big adult-like decisions (yuck)
- Baked 175 cupcakes to sell/auction/raffle for Christchurch after their earthquake (plus cookies, cakes, truffles, rice crispy thingys... you get where I'm going with this)
- Done a babyshower, 5th birthday cake, hens night cake, cupcakes and a prize cake
- Celebrated a 90th birthday, a wedding, Valentines Day, St Patricks Day, and an anniversary
- Mourned the death of my car Scarlet - prematurely, since a month later I'm still driving her
- Had (still have) tonsilitis that was maybe strep throat, maybe glandular fever, currently just annoying...

DSC03344-1

And then the crux of my eventful month-and-a-bit? In my special Becs kinda way I totally ignored the dates on an upcoming cake raffle, and went ahead and made a ridiculously decadent two tiered caramel mud cake.

Two weeks early.

DSC03357-1

SIGH.

Luckily I have a boyfriend who can help me out in crisis situations like these.

DSC03340-1

I don't know about you, but I get way more done when I'm BUSY. Not just kinda busy - ridiculously-strenuously-no-free-time kinda busy, multiple jobs busy. I'm hoping in the next few weeks things will get a teeny tiny bit more structure and routine, and I can start wishing I had free time again.

DSC03356-1

In case you hadn't noticed though, my blog has been suffering. Poor wee blog, used to have so many pretty photos and tasty goodies. I haven't even been reading OTHER blogs recently for inspiration! (SHOCK HORROR)

DSC03350-1

So enough is enough, back into the reading and following and being inspired, and definitely back to the kitchen (with a whisk. And a camera. And my taste buds). My plan is to try and make something new every week. A new dessert, new meal, new design for a cake... something. Something I can PHOTOGRAPH, since I love that too. Plus it's fun. And it means I can blog every week (she says hopefully) which is also part of my magical new plan.

DSC03359-1

So there's me. My fresh start, new beginning, happy ending, however you wish to look at it. And as you may have noticed, I found a really good use for one of the excess Caramel mud cakes! a good excuse to try my hand at buttercream icing roses as seen at I am Baker. Easier than they look!

DSC03364-1

To those of you out there who have patiently twiddled their thumbs (whilst going about your normal lives) in my blogging absence - thank you! I promise there are many more updates to come, including a Strawberry Shortcake cake which I THINK is my favourite yet!

- B xx

4 comments:

  1. Those are some pretty pictures! Glad you will be back sharing all of your baked goods goodness with us :)

    Can't wait for the Strawberry Shortcake recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the rosette design - so pretty!

    cute blog - i look forward to yummy recipes and pretty pictures : )

    i'm your newest follower!
    cheers,
    cailen

    www.cailenascher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. KT - thank you for your comment! I'm hoping to share lots more recipes from now on - hopefully there'll be someone out there who can use them!

    Cailen - thank you for the comment, and for following! I'll go and have a look at yours :)

    - B xx

    ReplyDelete