Pages

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter Lemon treats and Ruffle Cake

I hope you've all had a lovely Easter break! I had very much hoped to have a post up BEFORE Easter weekend, but even with all my good intentions - it turns out working for a chocolate company the week before Easter is busier than I had intended!

I've been promising the photos from my Cute as a Button Babyshower, and the post is sitting there just ITCHING to leak into the blogosphere, but I figured I'd best share my Easter happiness while the season still lingers. If you really and truly can't wait any longer - you CAN see the Cute as a Button photos on my facebook page here or the flickr album is here - like the page, become a contact, or just share the love at either of those locations while you're visiting!

DSC04167

We spent our Easter break up at our bach at Waiterere Beach, reading, eating chocolate, and lazing about achieving not much at all! Exactly what I needed. I HAD intended to make a whole bunch of Easter cupcakes, specifically these ones from Bakerella that I've been wanting to make for forever - so cute! Or giant homemade Creme Eggs that I found the recipe for at Pimp That Snack (A must visit site!). But alas, none of that happened. I still plan to make the creme eggs this week - so do let me know if you've tried them before and they worked!

Luckily though, my sister came down for the holiday break, and brought with her the magical - and very secret - recipe for Lemon Tea Cakes...

DSC04165

YUM. Look at them. Lined up like little lemon soldiers of happiness.

Most importantly, I needed something to put on this ridiculously cute Easter stand that I bought from Cake Stuff, that clearly was far too seasonal to NOT use at this time of year...

DSC04154

Perfect!

Not even $20 NZD, and they even have little holes to punch out and fit Easter eggs into! Doesn't get any better than that. I strongly recommend getting in and buying one for next year - or maybe for a Spring Celebration party...? Bunny party? Because you like to pretend Easter happens all over again in May...?

DSC04156

Too cute - thanks Trina for making them for us! And sorry they didn't last more than a few hours....!! To see more of her cute creations visit her blog Musical Butterfly - same place you'll find all the photos of my Magical Apron! Or go back and have a look at my post about it for details.

~~~

I made a ruffle cake last month since they seem to be all the rage! And I wanted to give it a try. Since it was pink and ruffly and happy and cute (even though Mum thinks it looked like a toilet paper holder - not entirely untrue!) I decided it needed a little bunny on top! So here's a preview of that, rounding off the easter theme - and more photos to come! I'll try and round up all the youtube instruction videos I found on how to actually DO the icing - it's much much easier than it looks!

DSC03392

Stay warm if you're in my half of the world - send us warm thoughts if you're not!

- B xx

No comments:

Post a Comment